Re: IPSEC and PPTP

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 16:17, Grischa Schuering wrote:

> I am using debian woody.
> What is the best and easiest way to get a IPSEC tunnel (encrypted e.g.
> 3DES) running between two seperate networks ??
> I was reading something about freeswan? Also a couple months ago, I saw
> a package "PIPSECD" which no longer exists?
>
> So what is the easiest an best way to get it running ?

The last time I did a IPSEC setup I used FreeS/WAN and got it up and
running in some hours.

As far as I remember the setup process was quite straightforward
although you have to patch and recompile your kernel (which isn't a
problem if you know what you're doing).

Just take a look at the documentation at
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.95/doc/index.html
which is quite good.

If you still have problems, just drop me a line via PM and i'll try to
help you as good as I can.

HTH
 Markus
--
Markus Oswald <moswald@iirc.at>  \ Unix and Network Administration
Graz, AUSTRIA                     \ High Availability / Cluster