Re: throttle pop3 access

Tinus Nijmeijers wrote:

I'm having the problem that users are checking their mail (pop3) every
other minute or so. no problem with the 200 accounts that we have right
now, but I wouldn't mind being able to throttle their checking. max once
per 10 min's for instance. Ideal would be to let the pop3 server tell them (if they checked again
within 10 minutes of the last time): "no messages".

any ideas where to look?
Well, scripts looking into logfiles, and each account that checks too often gets suddenly blocked.. change password or whatever, and then restore it 5/10 minutes
later.. that should do the trick.

Roger Abrahamsson
Sys/Net Admin, Obbit AB