Re: Mysql package is it SMP ?
- To: "Francois B." <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Mysql package is it SMP ?
- From: Nicolas Bougues <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:31:48 +0200
- Message-id: <20020617083148.GA2783@kiwi>
- In-reply-to: <000001c215d1$d1691c30$7d02a8c0@TOSHIBA>
- References: <000001c215d1$d1691c30$7d02a8c0@TOSHIBA>
On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 09:37:22AM +0200, Francois B. wrote:
> Hi ,
> I would like know if when I do apt-get install mysql-server is SMP or
> not ?
MySQL is multi-threaded, even on UP machines. It will work well on SMP.
Note howevere that threading in MySQL is meant to handle one
connection/query per thread. Thus, you will get better results only if
you run simultaneous queries.
Finally, remember that some (not-so-fine-grained) locking happens on
write operations, and that your disk subsystem is hardly
multithread. Database design will make the difference.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com