Re: Mysql package is it SMP ?

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 09:37:22AM +0200, Francois B. wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I would like know if when I do apt-get install mysql-server is SMP or
> not ?

MySQL is multi-threaded, even on UP machines. It will work well on SMP.

Note howevere that threading in MySQL is meant to handle one
connection/query per thread. Thus, you will get better results only if
you run simultaneous queries.

Finally, remember that some (not-so-fine-grained) locking happens on
write operations, and that your disk subsystem is hardly
multithread. Database design will make the difference.

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive