Re: how to design mysql clusters with 30,000 clients?

Hi.

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 10:44:15AM +1200, debianisp@snorks.dyndns.org wrote:
> At 16:02 22/05/2002 +0800, Patrick Hsieh wrote:
[...]
> >1. use 3 or more mysql servers for write/update and more than 5 mysql
> >servers for read-only. Native mysql replication is applied among them.
> >In the mysql write servers, use 1 way replication like A->B->C->A to
> >keep the data consistency. But I am afraid the loss of data, since we
> >can't take the risk on it, especially when we are relying our billing
> >system on it.
>
> This will not work. MySQL replication does not work like that. With MySQL
> replication you have one master and all others replicate from it.
[...]

I beg to differ. This kind of setting is doable since 3.23.26 and even
mentioned in the manual as circular master-slave relationship:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/e/Replication_Features.html

Of course you have to take care of the special properties of this
configuration.

Regards,

	Benjamin.

--