Re: Spamassasin over RBL, was Re: rblsmtpd -t?]

On 3 May 2002 at 7:46, Jason Lim wrote:

> > Does anyone really have the time or desire to scan through all that
> mail?
> >

> Haha... no sane person, at least ;-)

Well, I do!  But I am on this list a little under false pretences as
I only run a very small Email list service so I don't have the volume
of logs and error reports that many of you have to consider.  I put
in lots of antispam traps and all the anti-relaying postfix allows.
Now I'm suddenly getting two apparently separate (qwest.net and
kornet.net) IP addresses (well, several within each domain's IP
space) trying to relay through me at 20 minute intervals.

I've reported qwest.net to them and don't see any point with
kornet.net as I've never had a reply from any of my umpteen spam
reports to them.  However, made me wonder if there was a service like
abuse.net/spamcop that one can send the traces of such attempts to so
that the sending IPs get reported and rbled if the volume goes up
enough.  Seems to me that if a lot of us who use postfix, even
without all the other MTAs, were to use such a thing it would become
a damn good rbl.

Am I wrong?  Is there such a thing?

TIA,

Chris

P.S. apologies to those who see essentially the same message on
postfix-users!
--
Chris Evans <chris@psyctc.org>
Consultant Psychiatrist in Psychotherapy,