Re: lpr/samba

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Chris Wagner wrote:

> Hey guys.  I've been trying to setup samba to be a print server to Windows
> clients.  However I keep running into error messages and there doesn't seem
> to be any place in the documentation to find out what the various errors
> mean.  I tried LPRng and CUPS but get basically the same thing.  I've got
> samba showing the printers in network neighborhood.  The only way I can get
> something out of the printer now is cat > /dev/lp0. :)  Not even lpr
> <filename> works anymore.  Does anybody know a good
> documentation/troubleshooting source?  Poor documentation is still the one
> great bane of the Linux world. ;)  Thanks.

A good troubleshooting source is the advanced newsgroups search at google.
Often the issues have already been asked and solved.

And you could also try here: what error messages? what did you
try? details?

(I use samba to print to Unix lpd servers and to print to Windows
printers.)

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net/