Re: mysql

> > On Friday 08 February 2002 23:53, Erol wrote:
> > >   I have a mysql server on FreeBsd OS and I want to
> > >   transfer all the database to Debian Linux.
> > >
> > >   Is it possible and How can I do that ?

Why not, on FreeBsd box;
mysqldump --all-databases --add-drop-table --user=root -p > filename
password: rootpassword

scp filename to debian box

on debian box;
mysql --user=root -p < filename
password: rootpassword

This presumes your debian MySQL database to be empty, the --add-drop-table
argument will drop existing tables with the same name & replace them.
(Including your mysql table containing usernames, passwords & privileges).

Steve.