Re: mysql

On Friday 08 February 2002 23:53, Erol wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   I have a mysql server on FreeBsd OS and I want to
>   transfer all the database to Debian Linux.
>
>   Is it possible and How can I do that ?
>

>   Thanks,
>
>   erol

Hello Erol,

for me the   best way to do that is:
go in the  mysql dbase   directory  (ex.  /var/lib/mysq/your_dbase)
and brutally copy recursively, your_dbase dir  that contains  all your .MYD,
.MYI and .frm  files,  in your newdbasesystem.
Also there is al lot of ways and utilities in the mysq.com site on how-to
replicate and syncronize database.

fabrizio

--
Fabrizio Tivano