users in apache

Hi!

Is it possible to run/switch apache to user defined by User directive?

Situation:
Apache running www-data.www-data
In home dirs users have their data (html etc.) with permission 600 and with user.www-data
Now it is not possible to get any html (permission denied) ofcourse,
because of permissions, but I don't want to set it 660, because then
other user in that group can read/overwrite data/htmls.

Another think:
How  to  setup  php-cgi?  I've  set  it up by docs, but it still write
Internal server error (Premature end of script headers: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php)
and it is tested with simple php script <? phpinfo(); ?>
config looks correct:
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
 Action application/x-httpd-php /cgi-bin/php

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Michal Novotny