Re: PHP (or perl) based script to manage passwords

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

> I am looking for a PHP (or perl) script, that can be used by web-users to
> manage their passwords for POP access.  The password files are
> username:crypt only.  (Jeremy Reed's virtual POP package).

have you tried looking for:  htpasswd.cgi/htpasswd.pl ?
:

# htpasswd.cgi by David Efflandt (efflandt@xnet.com) 8/97
# Last update 10/4/99
#
# Update password file from the web for use with user authentication.
# Stores each line in the format: username:crypted_password
#
--
Martin Wheeler <mwheeler@startext.co.uk> gpg key 01269BEB @ the.earth.li

   "Glastonbury could be a real spiritual centre, but it will only be
    pretension until it lives its beliefs"  --  Michael Perry