From: Michal Novotny [mailto:debian@prolidi.cz]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 9:50 AM
To: debian-isp@lists.debian.org; debian-security@lists.debian.org
Subject: virtual hosting

Hello!

It is possible to make virtual web hosting (apache) in chroot jail?
There is a little problem with about 1500 domains/clients.
How can I set it up (with perl/php/ssi/ssl/cgi/ftp/mysql etc.) ?
I think it have to be all in the chrooted directory, so will it be
apache/perl/mysql/libs for each domain? or could it be symlinked?
I do not imagine about 1500 chroots...
But I think if it can work then it will be so secure, isn't it?

Regards
Michal Novotny