Re: Re[2]: virtual hosting

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:45, Michal Novotny wrote:
> Hmm, I think this doesn't work for me, I forgot that there will be too
> much memory  and strong cpu needed :-( So, I'll need to find other way
> to more secure my box. I'll take a look at the grsecurity...

The CPU, disk, and memory problems are the easiest to solve, just throw
enough money at them and they'll go away.

The difficult part is management, managing 1500 apache daemons on a single
host will be troublesome.

Better off to have a few copies of a full Debian install in different chroot
environments for different Apache configurations, so you have the PHP3
chroot, the PHP4 chroot, etc.  Then have all of these support all hosts
through bulk virtual hosting.

Then if a customer wants PHP3 instead of PHP4 you can just change their DNS
to point to a different IP.