Re: RAID starter

Russell Coker, Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 08:41:41PM +0100:
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:25, Angus D Madden wrote:
> > When you have completed the configuration the disks will have to be
> > "scrubbed".  This could take several hours.  Needless to say, you can't
> > add RAID to a production server, it has to be set up with it in the
> > beginning.
>
> For software RAID you can resize the file system to be 96K smaller and then
> add a second disk as RAID-1.

Russel, would you recommend software RAID with a production system?
Have you tried it?  Curious.  I wonder as well if anyone has tried the
new IDE-RAID controllers.

Brought to you by Debian 3.0
Linux took 2.4.16 #1 SMP Sat Jan 5 12:52:24 EST 2002 i686 unknown