Apache dies after graceful restart.

Hi,

a nagging problem:
We've got two boxes, both potato, one develop one production.
Both with similar setups (also the apache with  php4, jserv, mod_ssl, ...)

But...
The apapche on the develop box keeps sig faulting. ("child process ...
seg[...] faults")
The one on the production box runs smoothly.

I figured out that the php4 module ist the source of the sig fault, but why
on one box an not on the other one?

Which dependicies has php4_module?
How can i debug (post mortem) an apache child process?

The php mailinglists had some suggestions, but none helped.
And i dont believe that the php4 module ist the single source of the problem
because the production box works.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

	ar