Re: [OT] Re: AVI stream

Hi,

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Chris Wagner wrote:

> The idea of what is thievery or allowed use rests solely in the mind
> of his customers.

Well, that's exactly the attitude I'm objecting to! Sure, they have as
much right to try and stop me doing things they don't want as I have
the right to actually do them, but that doesn't make these things
'thievery' or 'illegal'.

Whether something is 'stealing' depends on *law*, and is not determined
by his customers or any other publisher. Unless of course the publishers
determine the law, which is indeed what seems to be happening in some
places of the world.

> In this arena whatever *they* say goes.

Not when we're talking about what's criminal and what's not.

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   e-advies@evbergen.xs4all.nl