Re: upgrading just one "stable" package to "testing" version

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 21:11:20 +1100, Toby Thain wrote:
> spaz:~# apt-get update

> spaz:~# apt-get install apt
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Sorry, apt is already the newest version
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.

That's strange. Stable has apt 0.3.19; testing has apt 0.5.4. This should
have worked. Perhaps apt is among the "5 not upgrade" packages, for some
reason? You could work around this by installing the new apt (and its
dependencies) through "dpkg".

> spaz:~# apt-get -t testing install ssh
> E: Command line option 't' [from -t] is not known.

testing's apt understands '-t'; stable's doesn't.

Ray
--
People think I'm a nice guy, and the fact is that I'm a scheming, conniving
bastard who doesn't care for any hurt feelings or lost hours of work if it