Re: ISP Client Database

Hello,

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Andres Junge Mac-Evoy wrote:

> I also need a package like that. Long time ago i have search for packages
> but i did´nt find any good one, all where to specific. Maybe we need to
> develop something that is flexible, maybe something plug-in-able (LDAP,
> ftp, pop, etc). I can collaborate too.

There is ISPman (freshmeat) and I know confixx (www.confixx.de) . Ispman
is free, confixx is commercial. Confixx is a three-tier architecture with
Sysadmin, Reseller and User/Customer. As a sysadmin you can add reseller1
to the system and allow reseller1 to delegate e.g. 50 Domains with a total
of 4 Gigabyte Diskspace, a Maximum of 2000 POP3 Boxes and so on. Reseller
one can then create his own 'products' e.g. BaiscWeb1 with 20POP3 and 20MB
Diskspace. Then Reseller1 can create his own customers. The customers can
completely serve themselves. The backside is, that this package is laid
out to a single server. You do not have a single administration point what
you would have e.g. in a LDAP-based solution. IMHO would an ideal package
have the functionality but would be completely based on a LDAP directory.

Regards

Torsten Krueger