best way to keep web servers in sync

Hello list,

I have some apache web servers under the server load-balancer.
To keep the static html and php files in sync among them, I have to use
NFS to achieve the purpose.  My problem is, since NFS is not quite
stable and is prompt to be a network bottleneck, I have to find other
methods to keep the files in sync.

I am considering to use rsync, but I have to write scripts to automate
the rsync behavior. Another criteria is, the files could be updated in
any server among them, after that, the first updated one should rsync to
others to make EVERYTHING in sync.

Any good suggestion? I tried omirr in Debian but it seems not actively
under development and not very stable.
--
Patrick Hsieh <pahud@pahud.net>