Re: Traffic monitoring/logging question

Be aware that on-the-wire counting will give you traffic counts
inclusive of packet overhead, whereas counting in squid will give you
only the size of the content in question.  Don't do math on these
things, as one rather large provider used to do ;)

Be aware of media-specific packet wrapping sizes, and be aware of the
difference between "the size of the content", and "the size of the
content + IP headers".

KevinL

--
Internet techie                    Obsidian Consulting Group
Phone: +613 9653 9364                    Fax: +613 9354 2681