Traffic monitoring/logging question

For our company's shared internet connection, I'm looking for a utility to monitor and log the generated traffic over the internet connection.
As you can see there are two LAN's connected to a firewall/proxy server.
The firewall uses IPTables, DNAT and SNAT.

         Situation sketch

             ----------
            | Internet |
             ----------

                _|
               /
              | <= eth0
             _|____
            |______|     ---------------------------
            |______| <= | Debian GNU/Linux Firewall |
            |      | <= | Release: Unstable         |
            |      | <= | Kernel: 2.4.16            |
            |+ === | <= | Proxy: Squid              |
            |      |     ---------------------------
            | ---- |
            | ---- |
            |______|
     eth1 => |    | <= eth2
             |    |
             |    |______
             |           |
             |           |
     |-------|-------|   |
            LAN1         |

                 |-------|-------|
                        LAN2

What I'm looking for is a application (or a combination of multiple) witch can build some usage reports.
We need this information to share the bill of the internet connection fairly.
I'd like to be able to create daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports.
What I'd like to know is if someone knows a utility witch is at least capable of giving the following statistics:

Traffic from:
-------------
- LAN1 <=> internet, in bytes.
- LAN2 <=> internet, in bytes.
- LAN1 <=> LAN2, in bytes.
- Total amount of traffic from all LAN's <=> Internet.

Reports:
--------
I'd prefer the reports in some kind of graphical way, but plain text would also be fine.
I need to get "per host statistics", to compare them to the total amount of traffic

Note:
-----
The clients on both LAN's use the firewall as proxy server (...)
This traffic MUST also be included in the statistics.

I know this all CAN be done, but I don't know where to start.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

A.M. (Auke) Rensen