Re: apache/suexec + php

Hi,
I'm not shure I understand your question correctly, and some information on your config would be helpful.
Do you use mod_php or the php cgi version?
Do you run php in safe mode?

suexec works for the php cgi version, and I wouldn't say it is unofficial :)
More info on suexec: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

Other than that it is possible to set the umask and the permissions in a php script.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.umask.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.chmod.php

Greetings,

Vinai