Re: ide hotswap raid fileservers

On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 22:21, Frank Nijenhuis wrote:
> Is there anyone on this list with experience in setting up large fileservers?
> The mobo  has 2 64bits pci slots which are supported by the 3ware cards,
> the ide hotspare removables have to support udma 100 ..but for now my main
> question is....is this going to work..the setup of an ide raid config with
> almost a terabyte in storage in raidconfig..
> anyone anyidea if there are complete solutions for sale on the market based
> on such configuration? Or are there ppl actuall running this kind of
> hardware under debian?

If you open up a copy of Linux-Journal you'll see an add from raidzone.
They've been selling 1 TB IDE-RAID systems for more then a year.
ANd the price isn't too bad either (I dunno what your idea adds up to)

I've never used their systems (yet) but it seems interesting.
Check them out on www.raidzone.com

Mark Janssen     Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @
E-mail: mark(at)markjanssen.nl / maniac(at)maniac.nl     GnuPG Key Id:
Web: Maniac.nl Unix-God.[Net|Org] MarkJanssen.[com|net|org|nl]