implementing SNMP

This may seem to be a newbie question, but anyways...

I've been trying for too long to get snmpd not refusing my calls...

I installed latest snmpd package from debian and when I do a snmpwalk
localhost public and every call I could thought of it just refuses my
connections, as I can see in syslog.

By default, that query should work rightaway after installing snmpd...
In fact I've donde the same try in another box at work, right after
installing, and it worked...

Does anyone have experience in a trouble like this with snmp?

It really should not refuse everything.

--

                        Daniel Ferradal
                    daniel@debian-gnu.com