Re: Scripting telnet client logins.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Scripting telnet client logins.
- From: Greg Hunt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:47:53 -0800
- Message-id: <20020208094752.A27032@gregh>
- In-reply-to: <0202081433380P.12726@harold>; from email@example.com on Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 02:33:38PM +0000
- References: <0202081433380P.12726@harold>
I'm not 100% sure this is what you are asking (you just want to automatically log in right?), but you can try an expect script (usual warnings about having a password in a script lying around apply).
---begin login.expect--cut here---
set timeout 20
spawn telnet server.myhost.com
---end login.expect--cut here----
> I wish to script a telnet command and would like to know if it is possible to
> automate the giving of credentials. The service I am trying to connect to
> does not support the TELNET ENVIRON option so I cannot do as the manual page
> suggests. Perhaps I misunderstood but if anyone has any suggestions let me
> know. Perhaps there are applications similar to "yes" that I can use to give
> the credentials to telnet.
800-733-3380 x 107