Re: "transparent" firewall possible?
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: "transparent" firewall possible?
- From: "Jason Lim" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:08:36 +0800
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Jason Lim" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <1012824833.804.10.camel@cistern> <1012888621.4087.23.camel@bofhstation>
Just thought i'd let you know that I got the transparent firewall working,
with the new bridging code patched into the kernel. Its a bit CPU
intensive, but it is going fine on a Celery 400Mhz.
It is a pretty thing, and can virtually be plugged in anywhere to provide
instant firewall protection :-)
And to think some companies charge $20K for a "solution" like this ;-)