Re: Apache ErrorDocument & virtual hosts

Or allow your customers to use ErrorDocument statements in
their .htaccess file by "AllowOverride FileInfo"
in your httpd.conf-virtual setup (valid within a
<directoy> section)

Then add the following in the .htacess file
in your document root.

ErrorDocument 401   /errordocs/401.php
ErrorDocument 403   /errordocs/403.php
ErrorDocument 404   /errordocs/404.php
ErrorDocument 414   /errordocs/414.php

Where /errordocs/... is a valid *URL*

I usually keep the errordocs in an httpd.conf-aliased
directory to make sure error docs are shown even
when we have access restrictions like passwords in
effect. Make sure you understand what issues
AllowOverride might have for performance and security.

Cheers,
Marcel

Sean Porth <sporth@tortus.com> 3 Jan 2002, at 11:46:

--