Re: Mailserver with accounts seperated from unix-accounts

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 09:09:39AM +0200, Erik Tews wrote:
> Hi
> But I have not yet heard of an
> possibility which makes it possible to have really all account
> informations in a sql or ldap-database.

It's possible, I've been doing it for about a year.  A set of qmail
patches that make a MySQL database authoritative for all qmail
functions. Advanced mappings and even regexes are possible.

The whole system allows completely virtual users with POP3, IMAP and
webmail pickup, and allows ESMTP authentication so users can roam and
still send mail through our SMTP servers.

http://www.iain.cx/unix/qmail/

I'll write a HOWTO if anyone's interested :)

gdh