Re: PostgreSQL

Please do not use HTML in email. This is a mailing list, not a website.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 13:15:16 +0200, Qwazz wrote:
>I neet to configure postgres for many user that can use it in remote. I
>don't understand if is possible to create users that can use ONLY 1
>database (create table, drop table...)

Users can only operate on databases they own, or have explicitly been
granted rights on.

>and that can't create onother database or users.

Yes: Create the user, with database creation priviledge, connect as the
user, create her database, connect as the database administrator, revoke her
database creation priviledge.

See http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?user-manag.html .

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,