Linux.Lion Virus

As usual, not given enough time to keep up on updating servers properly (two
Redhat and one NT), one of our servers has been infected by the Linux.Lion
virus. I keep my personal Debian system updated by dselect all the time, but
have not been able to migrate our existing Linux servers (set up before my
arrival) to Debian. How can you "unprotect" the "read-only" files set up by
this virus so they can be removed and/or cleaned?