Re: Kernels 2.4.x for ISP ?

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 01:01:18PM +0200, Przemyslaw Wegrzyn wrote:

> I'm just setting up new box - large mail server,
> dual Pentium, STL2 motherboard, Mylex AccleRAID.
>
> I'd like to try with kernel 2.4.x + ResierFS, but I worry a little about
> it's maturity. Is it really stable now ?
>
> Can anyone here write about his/her experiences with 2.4.x ?
>
> Does 2.4.x kernels support AcceleRAID 352 well ?

I have been running 2.4.x in a server over the past month. We needed iptables
and QoS. So we went on running 2.4.1 in potato.

I manually upgraded the required programs.

We didn't have any problems with the deamons we were running ( Squid, ircd,
apache, proftpd... )

We are having some problems with the nfs exports. Seems that the
nfs-kernel-server scripts and programs of potato doesn't manage very well the
nfs exports. Although we have quite a lot of clients with remote mounts,
and working. Sometimes it gives little problems (Not beeing able to reload
/etc/exports and stuff).

That has been my little experience with 2.4 in a server.
--
|  /-| Pedro Larroy Tovar. PiotR | http://omega.resa.es/piotr/ |-\  |
o-|--| e-mail: piotr@logiccontrol.es                           |--|-o