Re: LinkWalker

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:28, Nick Jennings wrote:
> Why don't you just update your robots.txt to explicitly specify which
> files you don't or do, allow spiders access to. If it's a rule-obiding
> spider, that will be the end of it.

I wasn't aware that there was any format to robots.txt, I thought that the
mere presense of such a file would prevent robots from visiting.

As for rule-abiding spiders, such programs will not download files ending in
.wav, .mp3, .gz, .tgz, or .zip so I won't even see them.

That's why I usually don't even notice responsible web spiders such as google
when browsing my web logs!