[no subject]

I have a Compaq DL380 with a Smart Array 5i controller.

This machine doesn't seem to be happy with the "compact" boot disks (in potato). The thing boots up but doesn't "see" the disks. I have installed Debian on other Compaq machines before and have had to use the compact root and rescue boot disks.

I don't see any error messages while booting, however I also don't see the "discovering" of the array. Am I missing something? boot command line for the kernel? or do I need to make a new custom kernel boot disk?

Thanks,
Loren