Re: RAID1 on sparc64

[Please use < 80 chars lines]

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 11:04:18 +1000, Tim Kent wrote:
> I have installed Debian 2.2 on a Sun Enterprise 420R.  Everything seems to
> be working alright except software RAID, which is working fine on our x86
> machines.  The patch itself installs cleanly as does the kernel build, it
> is just the 'fdisk' and 'mkraid' tools that give me issues:

Which mkraid? The "raidtools" or the "raidtools2" one?

> # fdisk /dev/sdb

Erm, mkraid complains about a partition on sda, not sdb. Does sda have a
sane partition table?

> # mkraid /dev/md0
> handling MD device /dev/md0
> analyzing super-block
> disk 0: /dev/sdb1, 2356000kB, raid superblock at 2355904kB
> disk 1: /dev/sda1, failed
> /dev/md0: Invalid argument

If sda has a sane partition table it's probably best to find out where that
"Invalid argument" comes from; please provide the relevant part of the log
produced by "strace -f -o /tmp/strace.log mkraid /dev/md0".

HTH,
Ray
--
Signs of world domination:
	"Tonight on Celebrity Deathmatch: Tux takes on the BSD daemon"