Re: how to customize mbox format in postfix?

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 08:03:13PM +0800, Patrick Hsieh wrote:
> I am running Postfix with home_mailbox=Maildir/, which means the
> maildrop program will drop mail into user's home director as Maildir
> format. But some of the users would like to use their mbox as unix
> traditional mbox format. Is it possible to let user customize their own
> mbox format as unix mbox? How?

Use an LDA like procmail, configure procmail to deliver mail to
~/Maildir/ but if the user doesn't want that they could put
in their procmailrc something like:
DEFAULT=$HOME/mbox
or even if you don't mind them storing their mail under /var (some
programs might need this path for mbox... that would be the only reason
they'd want it to... compatibility I take it... if not make them use
Maildir.

DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/mbox

--
Jeremy Lunn