Debian firewall/router distro?

I'm a newbie administrator at a small publishing company.  I
have been consistently trying to get my boss to migrate a
yellowdog linux server to debian-ppc.  After a recent 3 hour
outage (ouch) my boss couldn't do anything to get the machine up
(I'm a part time worker, not on call).  Anyway, he wanted to buy
a Cobalt but I recommended we install a smoothwall machine
instead.  I'm confident I can get the smoothwall machine up and
running but what I really want is a debian based distro for easy
upgrades and maintenance.  Whatever I install I have to be able
to convince him that he can semi-administer it if I'm not there.

Is there a debian-firewall/router distro similar in function to
smoothwall?

All the server needs to do is act as a firewall/router for the
internal lan and the webserver.  It won't be offering any other
services.

TIA,
Jesse