Compressing Mail Transfer

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a way to compress the SMTP
transfer of mail between two servers to reduce bandwidth usage.

The situation we have is a mail server that is dialled into out network, and
a mail server at our border connection. At the moment, the dial-up server is
sending mail directly out. I would like the dial-up server to send the mail
to our main mail server instead (as easy as pie to do!), but would like to
compress the mail transfer between the two, as the dial-up server has a
limited connection.

Thanks,

Andrew Tait
System Administrator
Country NetLink Pty, Ltd
E-Mail: andrewt@cnl.com.au
WWW: http://www.cnl.com.au
30 Bank St Cobram, VIC 3644, Australia
Ph: +61 (03) 58 711 000
Fax: +61 (03) 58 711 874

"It's the smell! If there is such a thing." Agent Smith - The Matrix