Re: bind9

<quote who="Marek L. Kozak">
> Hello,
>
> I want to switch to bind9. I've seen in migration file bind9 is almost
> 100% compatible with 8.
>
> I'm trying it now on one of my servers supporting my local network.
> Look's like bind9 responds much slower then previous version.
>
> I found this in migration.gz: "If a firewall incorrectly drops IP
> fragments, it can cause resolution to slow down dramatically or fail."
> I use firewall based on 2.4 statefull inspection. Port 53 is open both
> for TCP and UDP. Fragments are not rejected.
>
> All "measures" I did using W98's IE and NN on my Debian box.
> Any clues how to speed it ip ?
> --
> Regards,
> Marek L. Kozak
>

> --

Same thing here, I use a DNS for my local LAN, bind9, its is not firewalled
but forwarding responses are a bit slower than I expected, sometimes when
browsing mozilla or netscape report "cant find domain" but when trying
again it works.

I also would like to know if other people with bind9 feel it is slower than
version 8.

Thanks

-daniel
http://www.debian-gnu.com