RE: MASQUERADE problem

you don't want the redirect rule at all. The redirect makes all connections
try to connect to the localhost. So if you were to try to ping
www.debian.org, the pings would be redirected to the localhost. This is not
what you want I assume. :)

Also, someone already mentioned that you need to make sure that
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward contains 1

ie, "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward"

Good Luck,

Dave