Re: Java?

Blackdown does it.

The relevant Debian packages are jdk1.1 (~= jre), jdk1.1-dev (full jdk),
and the native threads versions of each.  These provide the 1.1.8 version
of Java.  If you want the most recent version (1.3.1), you need to get
it from www.blackdown.org.  No .debs that I know of, but it's a trivial
install.  Many common browsers only support Java 1.1, but if you are
talking about running applications, 1.3 will work.

Rikki Hall