Virtual table question

Hi all,

 A couple of months ago I started getting a system for hosting email for
virtual domains. Using Cyrus and Postfix, I got it to work great. The only
drawback was that the users were not able to use their email address as
their usernames. At the time, Cyrus was using the dot (".") as a folder
separator therefore problem with the dot before the TLD.

 I had the following in the virtual table:
domain.com anything
user@domain.com user~domain-com

 As you can see, the user with 'user@domain.com' as his email address had
all his mail go into user~domain-com (a local cyrus user). That meant that
he had to use this barbarian notation (user~domain-com) for retrieving his
email. No need to say, it's not the best solution.

 I found a patch that makes cyrus use the slash ("/") as the folder
delimiter. That way, a dot is a valid character in a cyrus username. I can
now have a cyrus username like "user@domain.com". So in my postfix virtual
table I put:

domain.com anything
user@domain.com user@domain.com

 Now guess what... it doesn't work! :=)

 When sending an email to user@domain.com, postfix shows the following in
the logs:

postfix/qmgr[3999]: 1258D103E4: to=<user@domain.com>, relay=none, delay=0,
status=bounced (unknown user: "user@domain.com")

 I tried to escape the at ("@") symbol in the virtual table, same thing. I
tried to put the email address within quotes and double quotes without any
luck.

So I am asking the gurus :-))

 I hope you understand what I am trying to do. I would really appreciate all
the help you can provide.

Now the technical details:

OS : Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (potato)
MTA: Postfix 0.0.19991231pl11-1 installed with 'apt-get install postfix'
LDA: Cyrus 2.0.14 with the patch from David Fuchs
(http://www.gigo.com/ftp/pub/src/)

postconf -n shows:
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
command_directory = /usr/sbin
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
mail_owner = postfix
mailbox_transport = cyrus
myhostname = vmware-imap.metrofiberlink.com
myorigin = vmware-imap.metrofiberlink.com
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
virtual_maps = dbm:/etc/postfix/virtual

Thanks

	Haim.