Re: Confused

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Craig wrote:

> When i telnet to port 25 from my desktop machine to my
> secondary mail server (sendmail), the time period is almost instant,
> however when i telnet from my primary mail server outside
> my firewall to my primary mail server (exim) there is a noticeable
> delay.

Do you pass ident (port 113) through your firewall ?  I know sendmail
allows you to configure the timeout on ident requests, exim may as well.

Rick Nelson
Microsoft is not the answer.
Microsoft is the question.
NO (or Linux) is the answer.
(Taken from a .signature from someone from the UK, source unknown)