Re: ./debian directorys in packages

> Does anyone know how/if we can actually get the ./debian directory that is
> used to make the packages? Does debian include them with the source
> packages?
Yes. Assuming you have a line in your /etc/apt/sources.list that reads something
like:
===cut
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US
===cut
Then you can `apt-get source <packagename>'

> The reason I ask is I want to compile some new packages, but don't want to
> make my own rules files else it gets to hard in the future when reverting
> back to debian created packages.
You might also consider upgrading to woody or sid.
Take a look at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages and select `any'
distribution in the drop-down list to see if there is another distribution's
package that has the features you want. Sid is cutting edge. However, it is
double sided. ;)
--
Jean-Paul Stewart
Senior Systems Administrator