Re: Poorly Sized Partitions

Assuming you have a tape drive, and you can take the machine offline, use dump/restore. In case you have no tape drive on the net, but a spare partition, you can dump to that.

The problem I see is taking the the partitions offline while you copy them.

Gene Grimm wrote:

A while back, we had a mail server crash and when hurrying to rebuild the server,
the tech who did the work did not size the /home and /var partitions adequately.
We essentially need to swap the space which those partitions occupy. Is there any
proper way of doing this with the ext2 file systems being used on this server?