Re: FW: openSSH

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:03:57 +1200
"Andrew Hughes" <Andrew.Hughes@opus.co.nz> wrote:

> I am running Debian 2.2.19r3 (?) and I am having a problem installing
> openSSH which I downloaded from http;//www.openssh.org. When I run the
> ./configure for the package it returns an error (after multiple steps
> complete) of can't find openssl libraries please install.
> I have actually installed the default openssl package and libraries.

when you compile something from source, and it uses certain libraries, you
often need to install the "development" packages aswell... which names are
always the original package plus "-dev"... (libssl-dev?)
BTW why don't you use the openssh package that comes with the Debian
distribution itself? (just "apt-get install ssh" if your
/etc/apt/sources.list is setup correctly)

--
Regards,

Ricardo