Re: Remote Execution of Scripts

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:01:31 EDT, "Gene Grimm" writes:
>As I am a relative novice system administrator, perhaps someone more
>experienced can guide me to the proper way of securely invoking a script on
>a remote server. We have two facilities presently, with most of our
>equipment in our main office. I am attempting to automate account
>maintenance and would like to find information on the proper way to have one
>Perl script begin remote execution of scripts on another Linux server.

I´d go for something like
 system("ssh someotherhost command");

You can easily limit the commands the user under which your script on
 the first host runs with prepending the command in the
 authorizid_keys-file on the remote host. See the recent
 debian-user - archives for the exact syntax.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner |  <r.waldner@xsoft.at>  \
\     Xsoft GmbH      | T: +43 1 796 36 36 692 /