Remote Execution of Scripts

As I am a relative novice system administrator, perhaps someone more
experienced can guide me to the proper way of securely invoking a script on
a remote server. We have two facilities presently, with most of our
equipment in our main office. I am attempting to automate account
maintenance and would like to find information on the proper way to have one
Perl script begin remote execution of scripts on another Linux server.

Is there is a package available for administering and synchronizing dial-up
and email accounts on multiple servers that can be customized? If not, what
is the proper way of having a script on one host invoke a script on a remote
host? Should this be done through NFS connections or by some other means?
Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated.