redirecting mails to root

I have a problem, wherein I have a group of computers that are somewhat
seperate from the rest of the computers around here, running various
beta-level internal services but have the same @hostname.com email address.
So, in my exim.conf, I have
qualify_domain = foo.com
and life is good (I can send email to bar and it will get to bar@foo.com, and
emails resolve correctly, rather than my reply being
dbishop@invalidhost.foo.com, it is dbishop@foo.com.  *However*, when I am
upgrading one of the machines, and my debconf "ask questions" level is set
too high, dpkg emails me with the information.  Well, it emails "root".  I'm
sure you see where I'm heading with this.  My site-wide admin is ticked off
because he keeps getting these emails regarding *my* box :-)  So, how, in
exim, do I tell it to redirect *all* non-qualified root emails to my local
account, while letting everything else through?  Or, alternatively, I can use
a different smtpd.  This is not an email hub, and I have no time invested in
it's config/setup.  Or, how do I config debconf to email root@localhost,
rather than root?  Please help, before I get LART'ed :-)

--
"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
You discover truth everytime you use it." reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com

dbishop@micron.com