Re: Virtual Hosting and the FHS

> The problem with that comes when you have multiple web server machines.
>
> I set things up with logging to a single file.  Then for multiple machines
> it's easy to use ssh to get the logs from each machine and merge them into a
> single log file.

 Again, take a look at mod_spread for Apache (http://www.spread.org). The
idea behind that module is quite simple. All you Apache child send the logs
via multicast. On your multicast domain you have a spread server gathering
all the logs and redirecting them to a file, a SQL db, whatever you want.
It's supposed to work very well (I never had the chance to play with it
yet).

	Haim.