Re: IP Accounting and 2.4

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 05:44:42PM -0500, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> I'm interested in finding out what others have done for IP accounting
> for a large number of customers.  (Rate limiting and traffic shaping
We use CISCO and now have moved our accounting to CISCO's Netflow, i.e.
the routers export a list of all connctions with their consumed bytes
every x minutes (a lot of data..).
But as you're using a linux router I would suggest you the net-acct
package that's available as .deb, too. It does pretty much the same as
netflow and should be the right thing for you.

bye,

    -christian-

--
   You know you're a nerd when your os uptime is longer than
   you've ever had a girlfriend.      (j-joyce@uchicago.edu)