smbclient question.

Hi,

I wish to use smbclient to backup some windows shares onto a Linux box. Now this will be run in a
script so I sould like to have it not prompt for anything. So far I can get it to retrieve a single
file without prompting with this command :

smbclient //server/share -U user%password -c "cd location\of\data;get file1.txt"

but if I use :

smbclient //server/share -U user%password -c "cd location\of\data;mget *"

Then is says :

Get file file1.txt?

and this will then stop it from working in a script that is a cronjob. Any ideas on how I can get
it to just get the files and not ask anything?

Thanks, Friedrich.